for 6 people as a starter
300g seppie (cuttlefish)
1 bunch bietole (chard), chopped
300g borlotti beans, soaked overnight
1 large porcini mushroom, chopped finely
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil
Chopped parsley to serve
Freshly ground salt and pepper
1. Prepare the cuttlefish by washing and drying, then cut them into strips.
2. In a pan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil and cook onion and garlic until soft.
3. Add the chard and the mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the cuttlefish, tomatoes, salt, pepper and borlotti beans.
5. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes; the liquid should mostly be absorbed.
6. Top with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
"Claudio and Giovanni are very committed to sourcing their ingredients only from what they affectionately call ‘the nest’ – the immediate surrounding hills and sea."