(Served with a Vegetable Ravioli)
2 tablespoon marjoram, finely chopped
60g pine nuts
80g fresh white bread, crusts removed
1 garlic clove
6 tablespoons grated parmesan
200ml full cream milk
1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
120 ml extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons rock salt
1. Crush the walnuts, garlic and pine nuts in a mortar and pestle.
2. In a separate bowl, soften the white bread with a half of the milk, and mash with the back of a spoon.
3. Add the bread paste to the crushed nuts.
4. Add a dash of the olive oil, and the grated nutmeg.
5. Add the rest of the milk – and stir.
6. Slowly add the rest of the olive oil stirring continuously.
7. Add the parmesan cheese, then the marjoram and when the sauce has a creamy texture, add a teaspoon of salt.
8. Top with a little more fresh marjoram and parmesan cheese.
9. Just before adding it to your pasta or gnocchi, add a little of the hot pasta water to thin and warm the sauce – to taste.
"This delicious sauce is most often used on vegetable filled ravioli but can just as well be used on pastas and on gnocchi."