Serves 4 (1 parcel each)
1 kg fresh porcini mushrooms
1 cup chopped parsley
2 cloves garlic
Grated parmesan and chopped parsley to serve
1. Cook the potatoes in their skins in boiling water for 20mins.
2. Clean the mushrooms with a brush, being sure to remove all dirt. Do not peel.
3. Finely cut the mushroom stems, and cut the heads into large 3cm chunks.
4. Peel the potatoes and cut into thick slices (approx.5mm)
5. In a bowl, combine the finely chopped mushroom stems, a cup of fresh parsley, 1 clove of garlic (crushed). Season with salt and pepper and add a little olive oil.
6. In another bowl, season the mushroom heads with olive oil, salt and pepper and the other crushed garlic clove.
7. Lay out one rectangular piece of foil for each person, making sure it is big enough to make a parcel with ingredients inside, and divide the mixtures into four portions.
8. Put the sliced potatoes on the bottom for the first layer, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
9. For the next layer, add the mixture of mushroom stems, then the large chunks of the porcini heads on top.
10. Fold in all sides of the foil to make 4 parcels.
11. Bake for 20-25mins in a 180°C (350°F gas mark 4) oven.
12. Serve each parcel in its foil, to be unwrapped on the plate.
"The explosion of aromas when you unwrap your parcel is memorable. This dish can stand alone, or it can accompany a roast or a barbecue."