1 medium red pepper, sliced and deseeded
1 medium green pepper, sliced and deseeded
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
12 large prawns, shelled and deveined, heads left on
2 large tomatoes, quartered, peeled and seeds removed
Lemon juice, to taste
3/4 cup/200 ml olive oil
1 packet of spaghetti (500g)
80 ml white wine
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, for the spaghetti
2. Prepare the prawns and add to a large heavy-based saucepan, off the heat, along with the onion, garlic and peppers. Sprinkle with rock salt and a ladle full of olive oil.
3. Put the saucepan on a low heat and gently fry the prawns for 1 minute.
4. Meanwhile add the spaghetti to the boiling salted water. Only cook for half of the required cooking time (as stated on your packet).
5. Take two ladles-full of the pasta water and add it to the sauce with the prawns. Then add the white wine and simmer on a low flame.
6. Add the tomatoes to the prawns, allow to simmer for 1 minute.
7. Remove the prawns from the pan, keeping the pan with the sauce on a gentle simmer.
8.To finish cooking the pasta, drain the half-cooked spaghetti and add to the sauce in the other pan and finish cooking the pasta, until al dente.
9. At the last minute, add some lemon juice, to taste.
10. Turn off the heat and return the prawns to the spaghetti.
11. Season with black pepper and top with parsley.
"The result – predictably – is delicious!"