Makes around 15 fritters
4 tablespoons dill, chopped
4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1 large carrot, grated
1 large zucchini, grated (with the skin on)
1 potato, grated (raw)
1 cup/250g plain flour
3 spring onions, chopped
100g goat’s feta, crumbled
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cloves garlic
Oil for frying (sunflower or peanut oil)
1. Grate the vegetables into a large bowl.
2. Add the eggs, spring onions, chopped garlic and herbs.
3. Crumble in the goat’s feta, mix well then add the flour
4. Add lemon juice and season just before cooking.
5. Divide the mixture into small flat fritters (no more than a tablespoon of the mixture for each one), heat the oil in a frying pan and cook on a medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
Combine yogurt, garlic and dried and/or fresh mint with salt to taste.
"Haydari is a particularly good accompaniment for all types of fritters – but also stands alone as a dip."