Serves 1 as an entrée (easily increases proportionately)
For the purée: (can be made in advance)
Take 7 of the cleaned and trimmed asparagus spears and boil them until soft
Drain and purée, then season with salt and pepper
Set aside until you’re ready to serve.
1. Finely slice the remaining asparagus spear on an angle, leaving the spear-head whole.
2. Place the asparagus, including the spearhead, in a pan with olive oil and garlic on a medium heat.
3. Add the scallop, scampi, monkfish and mussel to the pan; pour in the prosecco and simmer, seasoning with black pepper.
4. Add a splash of water and continue to simmer until the sauce evaporates a little and the fish is cooked (around 4-5 minutes). Take care not to overcook the fish
5. To serve, place a heaped tablespoon of the warmed puréed asparagus as a bed on the plate, then top with the monkfish, scampi and scallop, placing the finely chopped asparagus on top.
6. Finally, crown the dish with the mussel and place the asparagus spear in its shell.
"A simple, sophisticated seafood sampler. I recommend prosecco with this dish – what else!"