½ red apple, cut vertically into 4 thin slices (1 of these to decorate)
A generous handful of fresh rocket leaves A generous handful of fresh spinach leaves
Green part of 1 spring onion, chopped
A little freshly ground salt and pepper
1 tablespoon whole pomegranate seeds
2 tablespoons katiki (substitute with any fresh soft white yoghurt-like cheese)
For the Vinaigrette
½ teaspoon rosemary, chopped very finely
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped very finely
½ teaspoon parsley, chopped very finely
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons of olive oil (until the desired consistency is reached)
Freshly ground salt and pepper
1. To make the vinaigrette, put the finely chopped herbs with the lemon juice, salt and pepper into a bowl, gradually blend in the olive oil until the consistency is as smooth as cream.
2. Gently fold the vinaigrette into the salad leaves.
3. Put a tiny blob of cheese on your serving plate, enough to fix a slice of apple to it.
4. Then place a little blob of cheese on top and start to assemble the stack, alternating leaves and slices of apple, using the cheese each time to stabilize.
5. When your stack is complete sprinkle a few of the pomegranate seeds over it.
6. Finally, cut your remaining slice of apple in half and arrange artistically on top of the salad leaves.
7. To serve, drizzle over a little more vinaigrette and sprinkle over more pomegranate seeds.
"This is a lovely fresh expression of early Autumn."